Did you know? According to About.com, Spanish is the 2nd most widely spoken language around the world with approximately 325 million speakers. Mandarin Chinese – 882 million Spanish – 325 million English – 312-380 million Arabic – 206-422 million.
The Language Grove Preschool is proud to offer children a Spanish Immersion language program naturally infused into our non-traditional preschool curriculum and our Reggio Emilia Inspired Educational Approach. Languages are most easily learned during the early years as a child's brain is developing and readily absorbs a second language.
Our children are learning Spanish through an immersion model approach on a daily basis, all day long. We are committed to providing authentic language exposure to children through student-directed lesson plans that incorporate service-learning, community involvement, environmental activism, and culturally based activities. Our main objective is to foster a union between children of different cultural and linguistic backgrounds in a safe, enjoyable atmosphere. Our bilingual immersion program incorporates components of visual, music, beginning reading and verbal exchange to make leaning a new language fun and inviting for young children regardless of previous language exposure, language levels, or maturity levels.
Benefits of bilingual education:
- High academic achievement
- Increased job opportunities in a global society
- Promotes critical and creative thinking
- Easily fulfill secondary and university language requirements and qualify for Advanced Placement language classes
- Lower Alzheimer's disease risk
- Brain Development
- Promotes global connection
Children in bilingual programs acquire:
- Language proficiency in English and a second (or other) language
- High academic achievement in two languages
- Positive self-esteem, cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Greater capacity for abstract thought
Still have questions? Check out our Bilingual Immersion FAQ!